tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Payne, George (ghp5h)" <gh...@eservices.virginia.edu>
Subject Can a connector be nested in a context?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 20:30:23 GMT
I've been unable to get this to work (nesting a connector in a context), though I cannot find
a definitive answer about whether it SHOULD be possible or not.  The docs say the container
element is "usually" an Engine, but don't say if the other options include a context or not.

The purpose to all of this is I have some apps which need to be authenticated by apache httpd,
and some which need to be authenticated by tomcat, necessitating different connector settings.
 To do this, do I have to have two copies of tomcat running or can I just make the connectors
context specific?

Thanks,

George Payne