tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "PATEL Vandana" <Vandana.PA...@3ds.com>
Subject RE: ECCN, License, URL, CCATS, Version
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 12:41:42 GMT
Hello,

As a licensee of your 4 products,

1.       Apache Jasper (subset of Apache Tomcat 5)

2.      Apache Jasper (subset of Apache Tomcat 5.x)

3.      Apache Servlet-API 2.4

4.       apache tomcat 6.0

we need to confirm its ECCN (Export Control Classification Number] to assess the export requirement
associated with it. We are especially interested in assessing whether your product contains
encryption controlled under the United States EAR (Export Administration Regulation). If you
are not familiar with the EAR, you can find out more information at http://www.bis.doc.gov/.
Specific information concerning the export classification of software containing encryption
can be found in Parts 740.17, 742.15 and 774 Supp. 1 Category 5 part 2 (information security)
of Title 15 of the Code of Federal Regulations (http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html).
If your product has been the subject of a classification review, please provide also the CCATS
number. In the case there is encryption in your product, please confirm the key strength.

At last we also need to Confirm License requirements. If it’s ENC/Unrestricted or NLR. Please
provide ECCN & License Code. If you have the exact website where we can look up this information
will be even more helpful in future.

Thank you

Thank you

Best Regards,

Vandana PATEL
Business Operations Team

514-940-2949
Vandana.PATEL@3ds.com <mailto:Vandana.PATEL@3ds.com>

Visit us at: www.3ds.com <http://www.3ds.com/>
Dassault Systemes Inc. - 393 St-Jacques West Suite 300 - MONTREAL, QC H2Y 1N9, Canada