tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection Pool Exhausted
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:44:36 GMT
On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:08 AM, <kwalker@sbceo.org> wrote:
> Okay, so let's say I set my db connection pool size to one, where do I look
> to see what connection doesn't get closed like it should?

Chuck already gave you the sophisticated (thread dump) approach.

Alternatively, from the Department of Quick Hackery :-)  :

If you're familiar with the control flow of whatever's going on, it may
be incredibly obvious: show list of widgets, OK, show an individual
widget, BOOM -- so the list-of-widgets query wasn't properly closed.

Otherwise, if possible, tail your DB's query log -- the last successful
query there will be the area to start investigating.

HTH, and good luck!
twitter: @hassan