tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nachiketh G Rao" <nachiketh....@comviva.com>
Subject Question on allowLinking
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 06:52:42 GMT
Hi,
I had a query regarding Tomcat 6.X. We are developing a web application which will be using
soft-links for files on a the server. To do this we have set allowLinking property to true
in the "context.xml" configuration. We have observed that, upon un-deploying the .war file
by deleting it from the webapps directory, all the contents under the soft link get deleted
as well! We do not want this to happen, how do we ensure that only the soft link inside the
.war file gets deleted.
Regards,
Nachiketh

________________________________
This e-mail and all material transmitted with it are for the use of the intended recipient(s)
ONLY and contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original
message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken pursuant to the contents of the present e-mail is
strictly prohibited and is unlawful.
The recipient acknowledges that Comviva Technologies Limited or its management or directors,
are unable to exercise control or ensure the integrity over /of the contents of the information
contained in e-mail. Any views expressed herein are those of the individual sender only and
no binding nature of the contents shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly
with due authority of Comviva Technologies Limited. E-mail and any contents transmitted with
it are prone to viruses and related defects despite all efforts to avoid such by Comviva Technologies
Limited.