tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: DBCP config question
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:01:33 GMT
its better to see if there is a way to do it in the JDBC url itself.
As soon as you set the defaultAutoCommit flag to a value, DBCP will
issue a getAutoCommit and possible setAutoCommit each time you use the
connection. Both calls may go back to the DB depending on how the driver
implements it.

Alternatively, you can try out a pool that is being developed in the
tomcat community, which as a ConnectionState component that caches the
auto commit state.
It also has a initSQL attribute to setup a DB session first time its
connected to the DB.
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/jdbc-pool/v1.0.7.1/

Filip