tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tow instances but one webapps : possible ?
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:20:59 GMT
coucou78 coucou78 wrote:
> hello,
>
> Here we need to have two instances of Tomcat 5.0.30 running at the same time
> (tomcat1 , tomcat2) , for sure on differents ports,
> BUT those instances must have the same webapps folder.
>
> ../webapps : app1
>                    app2
>                    app3
>                    app4
>
> tomcat1 should host app1 and 2
> and tomcat 2 should host app3 and app4

As far as I now, that will not work.  Both Tomcats will see all webapps
which are under their ../webapps/ folder.
But why would you want to do such a strange thing ?
I am sure that if you explain your purpose, someone here could give you
a better configuration.

For example, you do not necessarily need to run 2 Tomcats, to handle 2
different ports.  For example also, you can give 2 Virtual Hosts in
Tomcat, each its own separate /webapps directory. Etc..