tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Connector set up
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:27:39 GMT
On 22/08/2009 21:37, Gerardo Corro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 6 different web-apps (let's call their contexts /wa1, /wa2  ... /wa6) running
in port 8080.

> I have another web-app named /proxy running on port 80. As the name suggests this web-app
does proxy functions for the other 6 web-apps. This proxy basically is meant to go to any
of the web-apps and follow any number of redirects until a final page is reached, so external
clients always get the needed resource in one shot.

> For instance, a client requests: http://hostname:80/wa1/resourcex, then the request should
actually go to http://hostname:80/proxy, after that the proxy makes all calls following redirects
to http://hostname:8080/wa/resourcex (where the actual web-app context runs) and returns the
final result to the client.

> Somebody suggested this could be done with what is called "connectors", I already read
the documentation but honestly did not get how to actually get this done.

Who was the "somebody"?  Maybe you should ask them to elaborate, because
I'm not aware of a Tomcat Connector that does this type of thing.

I've not heard of this type of requirement before either, (but then I've
led a sheltered life), what purpose does this serve?