tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.rs>
Subject Re: Tomcat not starting - No error messages seen
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:18:13 GMT
Anisha Parveen -X (anparvee - Infosys at Cisco) wrote:
> Please find attached the catalina.out logs file and debug logs.

I don't see any attachment. Paste your logs into the message. Not the
whole files, just last 30 lines.

You didn't try "ps -ef | grep java"?

> In our case tomcat is started in 8005. It is in listen state.

8005? That is probably Tomcat control port, not HTTP port. You should
check on what port is Tomcat configured to listen in conf/server.xml
attribute "port" under "Connector" tag. Most likely, it will be 8080.

After that, you should check if that port is listed under "netstat
-nat". If not, Tomcat is not started properly.

Then, you should check the logs, and post them here.

And please, don't post to private mail, use mailing list only.

-Ognjen