tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.rs>
Subject Re: autodeploying/unpacking ROOT.war
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:08:40 GMT
Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> Nothing got unpacked. I was used that whenever I put a fresh ROOT.war
> (which hen contained something different than the tomcat ROOT app) it
> got unpacked into a ROOT directory in webapps.
> (I helped myself now in unzipping the war file).

This is typical behavior when the docBase points to ROOT.war (file)
instead of ROOT (folder), but it seems that this is not the case with
your configuration:

"The Document Base (also known as the Context Root) directory for this
web application, or the pathname to the web application archive file (if
this web application is being executed directly from the WAR file)." [1]

What kind of Tomcat installation do you have? ZIP file or Debian package?

> <Context path="/" docBase="/usr/share/tomcat5.5-webapps/ROOT"
>   debug="0" privileged="true" allowLinking="true">
> </Context>

"The value of this field [docBase] must not be set when the Context is
configured using a META-INF/context.xml file as it will be inferred by
the automatic deployment process." [1]

This might be the problem. Try to remove the docBase attribute, and let
us know what happens.

-Ognjen

[1] http://tomcat.eu.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html