tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.rs>
Subject Re: "Exception Initializing Page Context"
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:41:18 GMT
Gwen Way wrote:
> Hmmm...  I will check with the developers then, although the three
> people on my team are theoretically the only ones with access to make
> changes to the app.  Thank you again, Mark.

If you worry how come that application previously worked but now it
doesn't, I can think of at least two reasons:

1. HttpServletResponse buffer size is determined by the server at
runtime, and for different reasons now your server decides to use
smaller buffer than earlier, so it gets filled and committed before you
set a cookie.

2. You fill the buffer with dynamic data (say, from database) and that
data is now bigger than earlier and the buffer gets filled and committed
before you set a cookie.

IOW, the only good way is to set a cookie is before writing anything to
the response, unless you have precise control on the HttpServletReponse
buffer which is rarely the case.

Regards,
Ognjen