tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk and jsessionid issue
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:53:17 GMT
I'll just venture another explanation :
- considering that it seems that at least 50% of the posters here who
use Apache httpd in front of Tomcat, end up proxying everything to
Tomcat anyway..
- considering this problem happens on the login page, which users get -
presumably - when they are not logged in yet..

- isn't the problem then that the images in question are in a server
area that (also) requires authentication, and since the user at that
point is not (yet) authenticated, he doesn't get the images ?
(probably getting instead other copies of the login pages for those links)
- which would explain that when the user is authenticated and presses
the "reload" key, then he gets the images.