tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy J Schumacher <Tim.Schumac...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject How do I modify a UserDatabase Resource from my webapp?
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:04:49 GMT
Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.27 and java 1.5 on an old redhat Linux machine.

I have a UserDatabase Resource and a UserDatabaseRealm set up in
server.xml and logins are working as expected.  I exposed my Resource
under name="UserDatabase".  In my webapp code I tried invoking an
operation using an MBean server and I get a ClassNotFound
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.UserMBean exception.  I am guessing this is
because that particular class is in the server classloader and not in my
app's classloader?  Is there a way to accomplish this from a
non-privileged app?

Does there exist an example somewhere that I missed of a webapp that
manages it's own users.xml?

Thanks!
Tim