tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "R.Sriram" <sri...@rstech.net>
Subject Re: Request Help
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:45:21 GMT
Thanks Peter.
I am trying to find out from Network Solution what JDK version they are
using to compile. All they are telling me is they use JServ 1.1.2 and
JDK compatible to that. Do you know what version of JDK that would map to.
Also, it wouldnt matter if they are using Tomcat as the servlet
container or not, right? It shouldnt matter which environment their
servlet is running, right?
Thanks...Ram
Peter Crowther wrote:
> 2009/8/18 Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen@etf.bg.ac.rs>
>
>> R.Sriram wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to host my servlet based solution in Network Solutions shared hosting
service.
>>> In order test if I can use it, I downloaded Hello.java from their environment
and compiled in my environment as MyHello.class.
>>> I tested their Hello.class (Hello.class compiled in their environment); that
works. However, MyHello.class doesn't work.
>>> Could anyone tell why this could be happening.
>>>
>> You could describe your problem in more useful detail: Exact Tomcat versions used,
JRE/JDK versions, and OS.