tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SSL error & certificate question
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:09:16 GMT
BJ Selman wrote:
> First of all, is there a specific extension required for SSL certificates on an Apache/Tomcat
server?  i.e. Does it have to be a "crt" or a "cert" or ?  Seems like I read that it needs
to be "PEM-encoded" - that's about all I could find.

> Also, my error log is showing the below... Where should I start looking for the problem?
 (Trying to 'rewrite' a certain page to httpS - it never gets redirected... if I manually
add the "s", the browser tells me its trying to connect to SSL, but when I 'proceed' through
the security warning, the "s" disappears from the URL)

That looks like an httpd log, not a Tomcat one. You'll have more luck on
the httpd users list.

Mark