tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: Changing the Default webapp
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:19:08 GMT
Nick Fielding wrote:

(Note by the way that there is a FAQ for that in the Tomcat Wiki, and
numerous previous threads on the issue).

1) stop Tomcat
2) make a copy of webapps/ROOT, just in case you want later to revert
3) delete ROOT, and whatever is below it
4) rename webapps/uPortal to webapps/ROOT (or uPortal.war to ROOT.war)
5) restart Tomcat

> 	- The uPortal.war could be renamed to ROOT.war, however, I would
> rather much prefer to keep uPortal in the 'uPortal' webapp directory.
That's not possible.  Ok, it's probably possible, but would be confusing.

> 	- I'd like to keep Tomcat's auto deploy functionality.
That's not a problem.  But it's kind of inefficient for a production
server, as it requires Tomcat to come and check from time to time if
anything in /webapps has changed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message