tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.rs>
Subject Re: Tomcat not starting - No error messages seen
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:57:57 GMT
Anisha Parveen -X (anparvee - Infosys at Cisco) wrote:
>>>From the log messages it seems Tomcat is not loading the contexts
> provided in server.xml.
>
> Out of the contexts provided in server.xml , only one of it getting
> loaded and no log messages for the rest.

Could you post the log messgages? Say, last 20 lines from catalina.out
(or whatever is the default log file).

If one context is loaded then Tomcat IS running and I would expect that
"ps -ef | grep tomcat" or better "ps -ef | grep java" returns something.

Also, try "netstat -atn" and look for port tomcat is configured to
listen on (usually 8080, or 80).

Regards,
Ognjen