tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: TC 6.0.20 - how to know session restored on restart?
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:15:34 GMT

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: David Wall [mailto:d.wall@computer.org]
>> Subject: Re: TC 6.0.20 - how to know session restored on restart?
>>
>> This must be a multi-thread timing issue because I had
>> not had this happen on several other restarts.
>>

> AFAIK, Tomcat initialization is single-thread.

Odd.  I noted that if I use the tomcat manager and reload the webapp, it
works as I'd normally expect:

2009-08-10 12:10:15,375 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.servlet.ContextListener) ContextListener() instantiated
2009-08-10 12:10:15,375 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.servlet.SessionListener) SessionListener() instantiated
2009-08-10 12:10:15,391 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.servlet.ContextListener) ContextListener()
contextInitialized: /test
2009-08-10 12:10:15,407 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.admin.SessionTrackerInfo)
SessionTracker.SessionInfo() - Session did activate:
E977295FD564F79471427627CB422D23

But if I stop tomcat and restart it, I get the other:

2009-08-10 12:12:55,922 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.admin.SessionTrackerInfo)
SessionTracker.SessionInfo() - Session did activate:
E977295FD564F79471427627CB422D23
2009-08-10 12:12:55,922 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.servlet.ContextListener) ContextListener() instantiated
2009-08-10 12:12:55,922 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.servlet.SessionListener) SessionListener() instantiated
2009-08-10 12:12:56,453 DEBUG
(com.esignforms.open.servlet.ContextListener) ContextListener()
contextInitialized: /test

>> Does this behavior make sense that Tomcat resumes passivated
>> sessions before it even sets up the context?
>>

> Do you have the SingleSignOn valve enabled, by any chance?

No, it's a rather default install on Windows XP with Java 6.  The only
change I have made to Tomcat's server.xml was to turn compression on and
use the NIO connector.

David