tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: Console Output Not Going Anywhere
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 14:57:32 GMT
Hash: SHA1


On 8/9/2009 10:25 PM, Allen Williams wrote:
> I looked, and somewhere along the line, I made my <Context> tag this:
> <Context path="" docBase=""   swallowOutput="true" debug="5"
>         reloadable="true"
>         antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="false">
> As I'm sure you gurus know, the "debug=" attribute is not a documented
> attribute for the Context tag (I saw it somewhere, and put it in). 
> Tomcat never did complain, but I removed it, making the Context tag this:
> <Context path="" docBase=""   swallowOutput="true" reloadable="true"
>         antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="false">
> And now everything works.  Not sure what happened.  I did not start out
> with that in the context tag.  I'm wondering if maybe I had an OS glitch?

In any case, you should not be setting path="" and docBase="". Neither
attribute is legal in a META-INF/context.xml file.

The 'docBase' attribute is legal if you have your XML file in
conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/webappname.xml, but that does not appear to
be the case, here.

Both attributes are legal if your <Context> is defined in
conf/server.xml, but you shouldn't be going this either. <Context>
elements in server.xml are tolerated for backward-compatibility and
recalcitrant server administrators.

Remove these attributes and make sure you are using META-INF/context.xml
or conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/appname.xml for your <Context> enclosure.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message