tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allen Williams <anw-d...@infoisland.net>
Subject Re: Console Output Not Going Anywhere
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 02:25:23 GMT
Well, I'm not too sure what I did, but now I'm getting the
System.err.println messages in the aforementioned stderr.log.  After I
pointed (in the init.d script) command line arguments (outfile=... and
errfile=...) I started getting messages in this file, but none of mine.
I looked, and somewhere along the line, I made my <Context> tag this:

<Context path="" docBase=""   swallowOutput="true" debug="5"
         reloadable="true"
         antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="false">

As I'm sure you gurus know, the "debug=" attribute is not a documented
attribute for the Context tag (I saw it somewhere, and put it in).
Tomcat never did complain, but I removed it, making the Context tag this:

<Context path="" docBase=""   swallowOutput="true" reloadable="true"
         antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="false">

And now everything works.  Not sure what happened.  I did not start out
with that in the context tag.  I'm wondering if maybe I had an OS glitch?

Thanks for all the help!!