tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Allen Williams <anw-d...@infoisland.net>
Subject Console Output Not Going Anywhere
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2009 01:01:42 GMT
I'm trying to get Tomcat 6 up and working; didn't have this problem on 5.

The code:

System.err.println

does not print to the log files.  With this logging.properties:

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[info-dev].[/infoisland].level
= ALL
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[info-dev].handlers =
3info-dev.org.apache.juli.FileHandler

I get some exceptions, etc. in the info-dev.log file.  With this:

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[info-dev].[/infoisland].level
= ALL
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[info-dev].[/infoisland].handlers
= java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

I get zero bytes.  In neither of the above cases to I get the output
from several System.err.println's or System.out.println's.  Can someone
tell me how to find out where my console is going, or how to redirect it?

TIA
anw