tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Wall <d.w...@computer.org>
Subject Re: TC 6.0.20 - how to know session restored on restart?
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 19:02:37 GMT

>> It seems if I can see all sessions that are started and stopped using
>> SessionListener, there should be no reason why we can't get the sessions
>> auto-built from session persistence when Tomcat restarts a web app,
>> too.  Any tricks to figure this out?
>>

> Try reading the reply I wrote about 9 hours ago.

Boy, I was watching the list, so it must have been spam filtered on me
or something.  Anyway, you (Mark) mention using
HttpSessionActivationListener, but what's the trick to make that work so
on startup I can find all the sessions automatically created by Tomcat
from the serialized session file?

My first attempt was to implement those two methods in my class that
already implements HttpSessionListener, but these methods were never
called.  On closer reading, it appears that this is an interface to be
implemented by an object that I then store in the session attributes.
Do I create an object that implements HttpSessionActivationListener,
store that in all sessions so on restart Tomcat will then notify those
objects that they have been activated so I can then store the session
info in my list?

Thanks,
David