tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Trailer header and tomcat
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:37:17 GMT
Michael Ludwig wrote:
> Christopher Schultz schrieb:
>
>> When chunked encoding is being used, HTTP allows you to include
>> "headers" after the response by including a "final chunk" with more
>> headers for the previous chunk.

I am well aware of that, at the HTTP level.
However, the Servlet Spec seems to say that a Servlet Container has to
act in a different way.
So the question might be, really, in this case, whether Tomcat is
primarily a servlet Container respecting the Servlet Spec, or whether it
is primarily a HTTP server respecting the HTTP spec.
I mean that if Tomcat allowed the output of a header after the response
is committed, then it would be in clear violation of the aforementioned
Servlet Spec blurb, no ?

I am not leaning one way or another personally, I just wanted to point
out where a doubt may exist.