tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Timothy J Schumacher <Tim.Schumac...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject migration to 5.5.27
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 22:15:36 GMT
Hi,

I am currently running tomcat 5.0.12 and want to upgrade to 5.5.27.  I
also have java 1.4 running on an old version of linux (redhat 7.3) and I
have installed the compatibility package in my tomcat home directory.  I
can start and stop the server just fine.

The trouble I am running into is in precompiling my jsp's.  I use ant
1.6.1 and I edited my build.xml to change the jasper2 task to point to
the new version of TC.

Upon running my jspcompile task in ant I get a bunch of errors (I
suspect these have something to do with log4j?).  It looks like every
jsp produces one of these:

  [jasper2] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
  [jasper2]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
  [jasper2]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:112)
  [jasper2]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:128)
  [jasper2]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getResourceURL(AntClassLoader.java:903)
  [jasper2]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.findNextResource(AntClassLoader.java:126)
  [jasper2]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.<init>(AntClassLoader.java:88)
  [jasper2]     at
org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findResources(AntClassLoader.java:869)
  [jasper2]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:812)
  [jasper2]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.getResources(ClassLoader.java:808)
  [jasper2]     at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$4.run(LogFactory.java:1388)
  [jasper2]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

and with ant -v i get lines that look like this:
Ignoring Exception java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
reading resource org/apache/log4j/Logger.class from
/home/tschumacher/sandbox/XMan/Build/classes/SynchronizedQueue.class

It looks like ant needs log4j but when I added it to the classpath for
my jasper task it seemed to make no difference.  I also tried "ant -lib
path-to-log4j jspcompile" and I get a warning about not having
configured a logger but same errors...

Thanks!
Tim