tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: How do you handle 'rewrite queries' ?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:30:36 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Paul Taylor [mailto:paul_t100@fastmail.fm]
>> Subject: Re: How do you handle 'rewrite queries' ?
>>
>>   <servlet-mapping>
>>     <servlet-name>SearchServerServlet</servlet-name>
>>     <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
>>   </servlet-mapping>
>>

> The above causes the SearchServerServlet to be invoked when there's no path specified
in the URI.  You want to add a mapping for /ws/type/ to target the same servlet.

>   <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>SearchServerServlet</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/ws/type</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>
>
> Note that you can use a wildcard character ("*") if you have multiple patterns to match.
 In fact, you may be able to simply modify the original mapping to have a <url-pattern>
of /*, but I haven't tried it.

>  - Chuck

Thanks actually the default is not picking up the root case, I've got a
simpler related issue by war get deployed as searchserver in webapps, is
there a way I can leave it then and get it to pick up from root

i.e

http://localhost:8080?query=%22R.E.S%22&type=artist&fmt=xml

instead of

http://localhost:8080/searchserver?query=%22R.E.S%22&type=artist&fmt=xml

and how do i get it maps to port 80 so this will work

http://localhost/searchserver?query=%22R.E.S%22&type=artist&fmt=xml

I know these are basic questions but every time I use Tomcat ( I last
used it three years ago) I have real problems getting these things working

thanks Paul