tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FW: JNDIRealm and roleNested
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:35:44 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:

> [...]
can help, I'd very much appreciate it.

> If I produced a binary patch for 6.0.20 and instructions on how to install it would you
be able to test it for us? Positive feedback would greatly increase the chances of this patch
getting into the 6.0.x branch.

George replied off-list that he would be willing to test this. So for
George and anyone else that wants to test this you'll need to do the
following.

1. Understand that this is development code, made available for testing
purposes. In no way should this be construed to be any form of ASF release.

2. Download and install Tomcat 6.0.20.

3. Create the following directory structure under CATALINA_HOME/lib:
org/apache/catalina/realm

4. Download this file:
http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/JNDIRealm.class
and place it in the CATALINA_HOME/lib/org/apache/catalina/realm
directory you just created.

5. Re-read point 1 :)

6. Configure your JNDI realm as normal. There are some extra options.
Read through the code:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/realm/JNDIRealm.java?annotate=797162
to see what they are.

6. Start Tomcat