tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Malladi, Sasikanth " <sasikanth.mall...@citi.com>
Subject Newbie question
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:36:32 GMT
Hello all,

I've just installed Tomcat 6.0.20. Home page loads successfully at http://myserver:8008/
(Yes, I changed the port to 8008).
I'm using "Core Servlets" by Marty Hall as a guide.
I put a couple of Hello.html, Hello.jsp pages into my .../install_dir/webapps/ROOT.
Both the pages load fine into the browser at http://myserver:8008/Hello.html and Hello.jsp.
(These are simple html and jsp pages that say "hello").

I've created a servlet, HelloServlet. Well, it just says "hello".
I've compiled it and put the class file into .../install_dir/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/.
I've enabled the invoker servlet by uncommenting it in .../install_dir/conf/web.xml.
I've enabled the servlet reloading in .../install_dir/conf/context.xml.

However, I can't see the servlet in http://myhost:8008/servlet/HelloServlet.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Sashi