tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Razat Gupta (razgupta)" <razgu...@cisco.com>
Subject Regarding Realm Authentication
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 07:02:16 GMT
Hi All,

We are using Tomcat 5 on Linux OS. For validating userids available in
Active Directory using LDAP, JNDI based realm is implemented using
<Realm> tags in Tomcat's server.xml file and this authentication layer
is provided for a particular WAR file available in webapps directory.
Apart from this JNDI realm, we have to authenticate a dummy/test user
which is not available in our Active Directory. Can we place the
dummy/test user in tomcat-users.xml file and use it in parallel with the
JNDI realm or some other way by which we can implement this.

regards
Razat