tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mon Cab <>
Subject Tomcat writing the wrong timestamp on compiled JSP's
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 03:38:36 GMT

When I edit a JSP, tomcat is compiling the JSP (both java and class files)  in the work directory
with a timestamp exactly 1 hour greater than the current time.

Eg. If I edit a jsp (after emptying the work directory), at 20:00, and then load the page
from a client, class and java files will appear in the work directory with a timestamp of

I thought this might be a issue with the JVM time, however, when I look at the tomcat logs
Tomcat is gorreclt logging time in the logs, exactly the same as the system time.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message