tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mon Cab <futo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat writing the wrong timestamp on compiled JSP's
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:17:38 GMT

Yes.  That fixed it.  Thankyou Kees.

For some reason, the issue was with my  WinSCP client.

When I edited a jsp and then looked at the jsp file timestamp on the remote machine with WinSCP
it showed the timestamp as my the current time (local and remote system times are the same).
 However, when I looked up the timestamp of the same edited JSP on the remote box it was stamped
an hour ealier than the current time.

I reconfigured WinSCP not to preserve the timestamp, and that fixed the issue.  The wierd
thing is that now WinSCP is showing the remote JSP files as being timestamped an hour later.
 Since the system time on my local machine is correct,  I'm a bit confused as to what WinSCP
is doing here.

----- Original Message ----
From: Kees Jan Koster <kjkoster@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 12:40:54 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat writing the wrong timestamp on compiled JSP's

Dear Mon Cab,

> Given the results below it looks like this is not a daylight savings time issue.  In
fact its extremely odd behavior.  Both Tomcat and the OS have the correct time, and yet when
Tomcat compiles the JSP, the java and class files in the work directory have a create / modified
time-stamp exactly 1 hour ahead of the time that they were created.

I have seen these issues in situations where I was working on an NFS drive when the server
and my local machine had different ideas about what time it was.

Are you working on a local disk, or a network mounted drive?
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli