tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Madhuri Patwardhan <madhuri_patward...@yahoo.com>
Subject after setting timeouts got puzzling results
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:23:31 GMT

Hi,

We are running with apache loadbalancer and 19 tomcat workers loadbalanced.
I went through the timeout document and other documents, and my apache access log in detail
before choosing the timeout values. I am seeing a bit surprising results after setting timeouts.

Earlier we did not have connect_timeout, prepost_timeout, reply_timeout, recovery_options
and ping_mode set. After going through the documents and analyzing our application logs for
timings I set the following values.

ping_mode = A
reply_timeout=60000
recorvery_options=3
socket_connect_timeout=5000

Ping_timeout is set to the default value that is 10000.

I saw that one of the tomcat instances had out of memory errors and loadbalacer still showed
that worker in good state for 24 hours. I felt after setting these timeouts infact it should
have detected conditions like this quickly. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Madhuri