tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Murtuza <khanmurt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 301 redirect
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:26:27 GMT

I only want to re-link old uri to home page and any request which does not
exist to error page. I added

	<error-page>
		<error-code>404</error-code>
		<location>/404.jsp</location>
	</error-page>

to web.xml and used below code which I found after google but
request.getRequestURI() returns 404.jsp rather then the old-page.html, so it
did not redirect the request.

<%
//get the requested URI
String requestedLocation = request.getRequestURI();
//variable to store new location, if it exists
String newLocation;
/*
do a database lookup (or other means to match up the requested URI with
one you wish to redirect).
*/
if (requestedLocation.equals("/myApp/old-page.html"))
{
  /*add some code in here to set the newLocation variable to a valid page*/
  newLocation = "http://localhost:8080/myApp/";
  //send HTTP 301 status code to browser
response.setStatus(response.SC_MOVED_PERMANENTLY);
  //send user to new location
  response.setHeader("Location", newLocation);
}
%>