tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "shivram.raj" <>
Subject How to run Tomcat on Multiple Cores in Windows 2003 server?
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:46:47 GMT

Our application deployed in Tomcat running in Windows 2003 server is very
slow. Whenever the user tries page navigation, more CPU is used (15 - 25%)
in the server and it seems only 2 cores out of 8 in the processor is used by

Can any one suggest me how to fix this issue? FYI, while configuring Tomcat,
I have set the Java settings such that the Initial Memory pool to 256 MB and
Maximum memory pool to 512 MB. I did not mention anything for Thread stack

Do I need to change anything in the server.xml to add any thread setting
parameters? Also, does any one know how to create a thread stack? jstack is
not available in my environment as I am running java 1.5 in Windows 2003.

Shivram Rajamanickam.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message