tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Royals <tomcat-mailingl...@fragstealers.com>
Subject Re: Mapping role names to groups
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 12:59:56 GMT
Yep, well according to the XSD that I'm using
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd but also
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd, <security-role-ref>
can only appear within a <servlet> definition. It could certainly help
if it was directly under web-app, but it ain't allowed so therefore it's
usefulness is limited :-(

Cheers,
Jason