tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: (newbie question) missing classs file?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 04:50:54 GMT
> From: Daniele Development-ML [mailto:daniele.dml@googlemail.com]
> Subject: Re: (newbie question) missing classs file?
>
> I doubt that the JVM maintains in memory all the classes,
> all the times

Once referenced, a servlet, listener, filter, valve, or realm class will remain loaded until
the webapp is undeployed or Tomcat is restarted.  Any classes referenced by those will also
remain loaded.  The same is true for JSP-generated classes, with the exception that they can
be replaced on the fly by new versions.

 - Chuck