tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Connection Pool Exhausted
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 14:17:12 GMT
> From: kwalker@sbceo.org [mailto:kwalker@sbceo.org]
> Subject: RE: Connection Pool Exhausted
>
> where do I look to see what connection doesn't get closed
> like it should?

Now you've reached the hard part.  You'll need to take thread dumps to find out what threads
are running and where they are.  Most will be stuck in the connection pool, waiting for one
to come available - that will tell you where the connections are being acquired, and you should
follow the logic from there to make sure the code is using a finally clause to guarantee connections
are being closed.

You should also look at threads not waiting in the pool, since one of those may well have
acquired your one and only connection and is now stuck somewhere else.

 - Chuck