tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: share session between 2 different webapp
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 03:17:37 GMT
> From: zhang99 [mailto:second_comet@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: share session between 2 different webapp
>
> 1.I came across documentation on this,but cannot find real
> example on how to use ? any tutorial on this?

You seem to think this is more difficult than it really is.  Just follow the doc: uncomment
the SingleSignOn valve in server.xml and you're done - it's that simple.  No changes are required
to webapp code.

> 2. is there any sample war that i can try out on this?

Any set of webapps that have security constraints can be used.  The standard manager and host-manager
webapps that come with Tomcat both have security constraints specified in their web.xml files;
you can add whatever constraints you want to whatever webapps you want.  Read the servlet
spec for details about security constraints.

 - Chuck