tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 on Windows Server 2003, HTTPS and tc-native
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 14:11:51 GMT
> From: Fred Janon [mailto:fjanon@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5 on Windows Server 2003, HTTPS and tc-native
>
> maybe you can tell me where the option to use APR/tc-native is
> during the installation using the msi file?

Where did you get an .msi file?  The standard Tomcat distribution for Windows comes as either
a .exe or .zip.  When running the .exe, there's a checkbox for using the native connector
(APR), and for installing as a service.  With the .zip, you have to install the service with
the service.bat script, and download the .dll separately.

> fine with me if you think I am an idiot

Sorry, no offense intended.

> and the doc is perfect.

The doc is not perfect, but it is readable.  Patches are always welcome, and there's an extensive
FAQ/Wiki that you can add to as you see fit:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ

 - Chuck