tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Longhi <ivan.lon...@gmail.com>
Subject POST request hangs hup
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 21:40:53 GMT
Hi,
I'm running tomcat 6.0.18 with java 1.6.0_13 on a linux box.
The only webapp deployed is Sun OpenSSO (http://www.opensso.org) built from
source (20090930).
Sometimes a tomcat thread hangs hup while serving a POST request
(/UI/Login): monitoring tomcat
status I see the processing time grows and the thread never ends. When this
happens I am not able to shutdown
tomcat with shutdown.sh and I need to kill -9 the java process.
I think it is not a problem of memory exausted because if I run "top" the
memory usage by java process
is ok (a few hundreds MB despite CATALINA_OPTS="-Xmx6048M") but the cpu
usage is 100%.
Is there a way to kill a single thread in tomcat whitout restarting it?
Is there a way to limit the max execution time for a single thread/request?

thanks,
ivan

--
ciao,