tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Li,Henry" <henr...@mdanderson.org>
Subject How to configure failover for Apache/Tomcat?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:35:24 GMT
 I need help--- I have two Apache web servers, two app servers with four Tomcat instances running
on them (two Tomcat instances on each server). All four servers run on Red Hat Linux. Current
configuration is: web1 connected to app1 only, web2 connected to app2 only.  If app1 is down,
all users connected to web1 are out. Is it possible  to configure web1 connecting to both
app1 and app2 so failover will be available? What extra hardware  and/or software do I need?

Thanks,
Henry