tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Li,Henry" <henr...@mdanderson.org>
Subject RE: what is the upper limit of maximum heap memory for Tomcat with 32-bit JVM running on Red Hat Linux 4 (32-bit)
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:41:33 GMT
Thank you Andre for this information. I will look at it.

Regards,
Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 9:33 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: what is the upper limit of maximum heap memory for Tomcat with 32-bit JVM running
on Red Hat Linux 4 (32-bit)

Li,Henry wrote:
> Juha,
> Yes, there is memory leak from application. We contact the application vendor and they
do not have patches to fix it for the version which we are using. So what we need is a partial/dirty
fix to mimimize the recycle times. Upgrading the application will be a project which requires
lots approvals.

Guys, I am not really competent here, but just as a tip if you are
looking for some quick-and-dirty fix, you may be interested in this tool :
http://code.google.com/p/jmxsh/

Basically, it is a scriptable tool, which you could run from time to
time in a cron script.
I have used it to trigger GC's in Tomcat from outside, but it has many
more capabilities.