tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leonard Gestrin <Leonard.Gest...@markettools.com>
Subject RE: JSPwriterImpl generates IO exception while processing <jsp:include> that gets forwarded.
Date Sun, 26 Jul 2009 03:58:57 GMT
Hi Martin,
The filter is just a pass through to application code - it only gets to work if there is runtime
exception coming back from processing request.

ErrorHandlerFilter  is mapped to REQUEST, FORWARD, INCLUDE

It has

Try{
    filterChain.doFilter(request, response);
} catch (throwable th){
///   ..process th. (setting some attributes in requests for presentation in errorPage.jsp
   request.getRequestDispatcher("errorPage.jsp").forward(
                request,
                response);
}

Example execution path where the issue happens is the following

Browser-> servletX->forward to result.sp; on result.jsp there is <jsp:include "someServlet"/>
 and "someServlet" throws runtime.

I hope it makes sense :)

Thanks