tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Schmid <rsch...@raptor.net>
Subject No cookies using proxypass* from apache 2
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 14:56:04 GMT
I have a mostly virgin setup of Apache 2 and Tomcat from a fresh
install of Mac OS X Server 10.5

I have set up  one domain and setup the proxypass directives from
apache.  These are working except that my servlets are not receiving
the cookies or session id.

My config is below.  You may notice the following;

1) The ProxyPass directives are outside the Virtual Host.  I couldn't
get them working inside the virtual host
2) I have turned off the rewrite rules - they seemed to have no effect
but I wanted to eliminate the possibility of conflict.  From some of
my reading it seems like I have to use a rewrite rule to get the
cookies passed in.
3) Load balancing is turned on but has no effect.  This is all on a
single machine.  Is load balancing required?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

VirtualHost *:80>
         ServerName ajax.newdom.com
         ServerAdmin rob@newdom.com
         DocumentRoot "/Domains/com/newdom/htdocs"
         DirectoryIndex "index.shtml" "index.html" "index.php"
         CustomLog "/var/log/apache2/access_log" "%h %l %u %t \"%r\"
%>s %b"
         ErrorLog "/var/log/apache2/error_log"
         ErrorDocument 404 /error.html
         <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
                 SSLEngine Off
                 SSLCertificateFile "/etc/certificates/Default.crt"
                 SSLCertificateKeyFile "/etc/certificates/Default.key"
                 SSLCipherSuite "ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:!
SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL"
         </IfModule>
         <IfModule mod_dav.c>
                 DAVLockDB "/var/run/davlocks/.davlock100"
                 DAVMinTimeout 600
         </IfModule>
         <IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
                 CacheEnable mem /
                 MCacheSize 4096
         </IfModule>
         <Directory "/Domains/com/newdom/htdocs">
                 AllowOverride None
                 <IfModule mod_dav.c>
                         DAV Off
                 </IfModule>
                 Options All +Includes -ExecCGI -Indexes
         </Directory>
#       <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
#               RewriteEngine On
#               RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRACE
#               RewriteRule .* - [F]
#       </IfModule>
         <IfModule mod_alias.c>
                 Alias "/collaboration" "/usr/share/collaboration"
                 Alias "/icons/" "/usr/share/httpd/icons/"
                 Alias "/error/" "/usr/share/httpd/error/"
         </IfModule>
         <IfModule mod_proxy_balancer.c>
                 ProxyPassReverse /eoservice/ balancer://balancer-group/
                 ProxyPass /eoservice/ balancer://balancer-group/
stickysession=JSESSIONID
                 <Proxy "balancer://balancer-group">
                 </Proxy>
         </IfModule>
         Include /etc/apache2/httpd_users.conf
#       Include /etc/apache2/httpd_directory.conf
         Include /etc/apache2/httpd_groups.conf
         Include /etc/apache2/httpd_teams_required.conf
         Include "/etc/apache2/httpd_squirrelmail.conf"
         LogLevel warn
</VirtualHost>
         ProxyVia On
         <Location "/eoservice">
                 ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8011/EOService
                 ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8011/EOService
                 ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /eoservice /EOService
                 ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain / /
         </Location>