tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Weird Intermittent NoClassDefFound
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:44:16 GMT

could be the class location mechanism is broken

find your class in your classloader..you could use Spring Framework's ClassLoaderUtils
http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/1.2.x/api/org/springframework/util/ClassLoaderUtils.htm
org.springframework.util.ClassLoaderUtils(Class.forName("Your ClassName Goes Here").getCLassLoader);
make sure all your configuration files *.hbm.xml are located in the same jar as the classes
they refer to

if none of that works

you may want to use a service registry such as OSGI explained here
http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-3740
not trivial as you would need to setup an OSGI Registry and register Services and place Spring
Beans into the Service
any access is thru service

Martin Gainty

wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefuginotte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie
ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet
responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 04:39:50 -0700
> From: rotis23@yahoo.com
> Subject: Weird Intermittent NoClassDefFound
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>

> Hi All,
>
> I'm running tomcat apache-tomcat-6.0.18 with a single application that has heavy spring
and hibernate usage. One of the deployments mainly deals with batch processing from Quartz.
After a couple days worth of processing I suddenly get NoClassDefFound errors (usually from
some random hibernate class) for classes that have been previously loaded. The other day it
occured with a class from JGroups (we use this for clustered cache communication) and it spewed
out *loads* of NoClassDefFound  and ended up filling up the disk.