tomcat-users mailing list archives

From alee amin <mailing.list.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Editing startup.sh - help
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:43:52 GMT
I am trying to add the following option for tomcat startup in startup.sh
file
JAVA_OPTS=$JAVA_OPTS:
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false

It's added at line # 36 of startup.sh and then i run the tomcat from
terminal by issuing ./startup.sh command. and it gives me error
-Dorg.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false Command not
found

The same thing i did in startup.bat under windows environment and it worked
fine. Is there any other way to edit startup.sh file? or what i am doing
wrong?

Thanks
..alee
http://techboard.wordpress.com