tomcat-users mailing list archives

From uma...@comcast.net
Subject IP-based virtual hosting with Tomcat(6)
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:41:51 GMT
I am using Tomcat6.0.18 on RHEL5.

I would like to set up IP-based virtual hosting using Tomcat alone ( as opposed
to using Apache front-end).

The documentation (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html)
as well as examples of it seem to illustrate the use of name-based virtual hosting:
   <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="ren">
    <Host name="ren"  appBase="renapps"/>
    <Host name="stimpy" appBase="stimpyapps"/>
  </Engine>

I would like to avoid using name-based vhosts to sidestep the attendant
SSL issues.If I want to to run virtual hosts attached to distinct network aliases (eth0.0
= 127.0.0.9,
eth0.1 = 127.0.0.10) on the same server how do I configure the Host entries
in the Engine? Ca nyou point me to the complete server.xml (or the Engine) configuration?

Thanx,

/U