tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mathijs Kwik <bluescreen...@gmail.com>
Subject adding vhosts without restarting tomcat from a script and keeping them persistent
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 09:50:05 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using tomcat 6.
I would like to be able to add vhosts without restarting tomcat.
I found this ability using the host-manager application that's included.
But I want to do this from CLI.
I found ant tasks for the manager application to deploy/undeploy apps
on-the-fly,
but I couldn't find something similar for host-manager.
Is anyone aware of an ant task (or some kind of script) to do this?

Also, after restarting tomcat, vhosts added by host-manager are no longer there.
I don't think this is a problem, I can probably create a vhost through
host-manager, and still create a configfile for the host so it will
remain there after restarts.

I think it's quite a common task to add a new domain with its own app
to a running server.
So are there any solutions available?

Thanks
Mathijs