tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Response Time in Jasper Logs
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:56:56 GMT
Chris,

> Your question makes me think that perhaps what you're
> seeing is a timing-out keep-alive request:

It's not what I'm seeing in the logs, it's what the customer is seeing
in the application. One of my customers says they are frequently seeing
long application delays on all of the workstations in their office, but
I'm not seeing anything like that in the jasper logs. They say they will
click a button and it might take 60 seconds or more for the results to
display. But from my analysis of the jasper logs, I don't see this from
the server's perspective. For example, here's the jasper log analysis
for one day last week (generated by a shell script).

TOTAL REQUESTS: 43865
AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME: 18 ms
RESPONSE TIME BREAKDOWN:
    0  -    10 ms: 36454 (83.00%)
   11  -    50 ms: 6128 (13.00%)
   51  -   100 ms: 436 (0%)
  101  -   250 ms: 453 (1.00%)
  251  -   500 ms: 230 (0%)
  501  -  1000 ms: 62 (0%)
 1001  -  2500 ms: 41 (0%)
 2501  -  5000 ms: 7 (0%)
 5001  - 10000 ms: 54 (0%)
10001  - 20000 ms: 0 (0%)
20000+ ms        : 0 (0%)

To me, this looks like healthy response time.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - July 5, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy
or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed
Care. Warning: Although Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed Care have taken
reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the companies cannot
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.