tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject Response Time in Jasper Logs
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 02:42:26 GMT
We added the %D parameter to the AccessLogValve tag in our server.xml
file and now all entries in the jasper logs contain a field showing the
response time in milliseconds. That's very cool.

I just want to be sure of one thing. Does the value represent the total
time from the moment tomcat saw the client's request to the time it
successfully delivered the full response?

The reason I ask is that we have some users who are complaining that
certain requests are taking a long time (up to a minute). Yet when we
check the jasper logs, we see that 97% of all requests are satisfied in
< 50ms, and there are no requests that take longer than 20 seconds. So
I'm trying to reconcile what I'm hearing from users with what I'm seeing
in the logs.

Insight, anyone?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - July 3, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy
or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed
Care. Warning: Although Physician Select Management and Physician's Managed Care have taken
reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the companies cannot
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.