tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Payne, George (ghp5h)" <gh...@eservices.virginia.edu>
Subject JNDIRealm and roleNested
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:17:45 GMT
I've discovered that there is apparently a fairly recent patch (3 mos old now) to JNDIRealm
to allow searches for nested ldap groups, which sounds like a functionality I very much need
to be able use my domino server's ldap.

My question, for someone wiser in the ways of tomcat releases, is how exactly I can best GET
this new patch and what state it is in (alpha? Tomcat 6? Catalina.jar? ), since I do not understand
the subversion system it is in.  The patch, by Rainier Jung, is referenced here:

http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=124085853600925&q=raw
or
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-dev/200904.mbox/%3C20090427185457.0CCF8238895F@eris.apache.org%3E

Alternately, is there a better option to convert nested ldap groups to roles (eg if Bob is
in the NevadaSales Group and the NevadaSales group is nested in the NationalSales group, if
Bob is logged in and I check isUserInRole("NationalSales"), it returns true)?  I very much
like the RHEL yum auto-updating scheme I would have to abandon to move  (I think) to tomcat
6 (they are still on a version of 5.5).

Thanks for any wisdom,

George Payne