tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Schmid <rsch...@raptor.net>
Subject Re: No cookies using proxypass* from apache 2
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:25:50 GMT

On Jul 1, 2009, at 10:17 AM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Robert Schmid<rschmid@raptor.net>
> wrote:
>> I have a mostly virgin setup of Apache 2 and Tomcat from a fresh
>> install of
>> Mac OS X Server 10.5
>>
>> I have set up  one domain and setup the proxypass directives from
>> apache.
>>  These are working except that my servlets are not receiving the
>> cookies or
>> session id.
>>
>> My config is below.  You may notice the following;
>>
>> 1) The ProxyPass directives are outside the Virtual Host.  I
>> couldn't get
>> them working inside the virtual host
>
> Then you should fix that, because that's where they belong.

I'd love to.  Tell me how.  When I put them in the virtual host I get
an error in the apache log that 'file /eoservice is not found'.  It
looks in the DocumentRoot instead of using the proxypass.

>> 2) I have turned off the rewrite rules - they seemed to have no
>> effect but I
>> wanted to eliminate the possibility of conflict.  From some of my
>> reading it
>> seems like I have to use a rewrite rule to get the cookies passed in.
>
> No, you don't need rewrite.

Good to know

>> 3) Load balancing is turned on but has no effect.  This is all on a
>> single
>> machine.  Is load balancing required?
>
> No.

Awesome.

>> VirtualHost *:80>
>
> Good grief. What is all this, er, stuff?

I threw all that in just in case there was something I couldn't
see.    I'll get back to you after simplifying.